We knew that caring for patients from a CALD background was time-consuming, resource and cost intensive, and frankly harder than it needed to be.
Yes, healthcare organisations such as Alfred Health could engage a face-to-face interpreter, but they can be expensive and in short supply.
They needed a language solution that had the benefits of face-to-face interpreting – a higher level of communication; with none of the downsides – cost, availability, resource heavy, slower time to respond.
That’s why we were proud to introduce ezispeakhealth into their existing workflows.
Through an extensive trial period, both on ward and in the emergency department, Alfred Health staff quickly understood that with ezispeakhealth, they could access video interpreters on-demand through their existing telehealth platform, right at the point of need.
With just one click, Alfred Health could engage a video interpreter, and within a few short minutes they could be talking with their patient with no risk of miscommunication thanks to ezispeak’s dedicated team of interpreters.
The statistical results from Alfred Health staff clearly show the benefits of using ezispeakhealth:
- 100% of staff found ezispeakhealth easy to use.
- 94% of staff reported high levels of satisfaction with the service.
- 90% of staff said ezispeakhealth helped deliver the care required.
Additionally, the feedback from Alfred Health only reinforces the great results; these are direct quotes from Alfred Health staff:
- "An exceptional resource. I actually prefer it more than bedside 'face to face' interpreters."
- "It was fantastic, it is such a game-changer in ED."
- "Quick, efficient and effective."
But it wasn’t just Alfred Health staff who saw the benefits, the patients did too.
With the use of ezispeakhealth, Alfred Health patients from a CALD background didn’t have to wait to be properly listened to or understood, nor did they have to rely on family members – an often embarrassing situation for both the patient and the untrained family member.
Instead, they got quick access to a trained, qualified language professional, who could provide a friendly and welcoming face in an often tense situation.
Here’s how the statistical results from Alfred Health patients from a CALD background show what a difference ezispeakhealth made.
- 100% of patients said ezispeakhealth was easy to use.
- 75% of patients said it was a satisfactory interpreting option.
- 100% of patients said it was a better or equal option than telephone interpreting.
And again, the feedback from patients backs up the statistical data; here are direct quotes from Alfred Health patients from a CALD background:
- “A good way to communicate with each other.”
- "It was like the interpreter was in the room."
- "The project is essential and important!"
It’s clear to see that the use of ezispeakhealth can have clear benefits in any healthcare organisation; if you would like to learn more about ezispeakhealth can transform the way you communicate with your patients from a CALD background, speak to ezispeak today.